• Applies vacuum, heat and vortexing to samples to speed up evaporation
• Applications: drug discovery, agrichemistry, mycology testing, and environmental analysis
• Powder-coated aluminum base with acrylic/PVC thermoplastic upper housing and PTFE-coated aluminum chamber
• Glass lid with polycarbonate shield, dual lid clamps, and phenol-free gasket
• All mechanical components isolated from chemical fumes and vapors
• LCD displays program number, actual & set point vortex speeds, temperatures, time remaining, and vacuum level
• Accessory rotors are available that hold as many as 110 sample tubes at once (12-13mm tubes)
• Additional blocks accommodate various tube types, including conical centrifugal tubes and scintillation vials
• Custom blocks available for special glassware configurations, such as VOA vials
• Automatic vacuum release in the event of power failure
• Audible alarm for timed or temperature-sensor endpoint
• 1000 watt dry block heating up to 100°C
• Requires external vacuum pump and aluminum sample blocks (sold separately)
RapidVap N2 and N2/48 Dry Evaporation Systems stream nitrogen or dry gas onto the surface of the sample to reduce partial pressure directly over the liquid. This method speeds evaporation and helps remove solvent as it evaporates.
RapidVap N2/48 models feature 8 clusters of 6 ports each for a capacity of up to 48 small samples. N2 models include a block that holds 8 large samples (up to 450 mL each), making it efficient for environmental and residue testing
The unique Cool-Zone feature on these RapidVap systems is specifically designed for circumstances where samples should not go to dryness. Cool-Zone significantly reduces the evaporation rate after the set end point is achieved, insulates the samples and allows the operator adequate time before the samples reach dryness to remove them or to perform solvent-exchange procedures.
Incorporated alarms signal when timed end point has occurred and when the system senses that the process is nearing completion, which allows for convenient and unattended operation.