Punch, insert, and create your plate map automatically and electronically into a 96-well microplate with Hudson’s Dried Blood Spot Processor. It then creates an accurate record on a computer disk of the location of each sample.
- Uses standard-height, 96-well SBS-compatible microplates
- Includes control computer loaded with DBS Control Software
- Barcode verification ensures accuracy
- SoftLinx lab automation software makes it easy to program and operate work cells
Use the DBS for all tests that utilize a dried sample spot, including neonatal, HIV, and hemoglobin testing. The DBS is also adaptable to other applications that require a solid sample to be placed into plates, such as leaf samples.
The DBS consists of an electrically-activated pneumatic punch, a computer-controlled table to position the microplate, and two barcode scanners. It automatically links the sample identification with the plate location. The resulting work list or plate map can be printed out at the workcell, or networked into your laboratory information system.
The Dried Spot Processor can be used in many medical applications, including:
- HIV Testing
- Neonatal Testing
- A1C Hemoglobin Testing
- Dry Blood Spot Testing
- Leaf Punching
- Any punchable web material
- Easily creates an accurate plate map
- Positive insertion into plate well avoids static charge effects on dry days
- Reduces carpal tunnel stress
- Reduces exposure to potential biohazards
- 3 seconds to punch spot, reposition plate
- Punch sizes 1/8, 3/16, or 1/4-inch diameter standard; custom sizes by special order
- Includes footswitch for “hands-free” punch activation
- Printer – optional
- Power Requirements: 120VAC, 5A
- Utilities: 60-80 psi air